Patient Registration

We are pleased to accept new patients from Bruton and the surrounding area.

You will be registered with a GP, though we operate as a Clinical Team. Requests for consultations are allocated by a Clinician and will be responded to by a member of the team appropriate to your needs. Many conditions and concerns can be successfully diagnosed and treated by our Nurse Practitioner or Enhanced Care Practitioner rather than a GP, which enables the GPs to focus on those patients whose care most benefits from their skills.  We will endeavour to meet your request for your preferred clinician, but believe it is more important that you receive the right care for your need.

Every patient is registered with a named GP.  This is to ensure that a GP has oversight of the care and co-ordination of all appropriate services for patients, though individual appointments or consultations may be with another member of the Clinical Team or Nursing Team.  If you wish to know your own named GP, please ask when you next contact us or call us after 2pm.

When you register you will also be asked to answer some medical questions, this is because it can take a considerable amount of time for us to receive your medical records.

If you wish to submit your registration details online, please complete the form below. When you visit the surgery for the first time you will be asked to sign the form to confirm that the details are correct (a parent or legal guardian can sign for a child under 16 years of age). You will also need to provide your identification documents at your next visit to the surgery.

If you also have your Medical Card from your previous doctor, please bring this with you.


Patient Registration Form

To register at Bruton Surgery, please complete our Registration Form and send it by post or email ( to the practice.

New Patient Registration Form (pdf version)

New Patient Registration Form (word version)

Temporary Residents

If you need treatment, you will need to register with us as a temporary patient if you plan to live near the surgery for up to 3 months (after 3 months you will need to register as a permanent patient).

You will need to complete a GMS3 form to register as a temporary patient.

For further advice, please see the NHS website.

Remember, for general medical advice or advice out of surgery hours please contact NHS 111.

You should use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it is not a life-threatening situation.

When to call 111:

  • you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency
  • you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
  • you don't know who to call or you don't have a GP to call
  • you need health information or reassurance about what to do next.