What is a Healthcoach?
A Healthcoach will help you gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to improve your health and wellbeing. Nobody knows you better than you know yourself, and we believe everyone is capable of making positive changes in their lives. Together we will:
- explore what is important for your life and wellbeing
- identify the local activities and services you can benefit from
- gain support and encouragement to start using services that can help you
A Healthcoach does not:
- tell you what to do or make decisions for you
- give a diagnosis for a medical concern
- prescribe you medication or give you medical advice
A Healthcoach does:
- listen to you
- try to understand the whole picture of your health and wellbeing
- allow you to lead your own lifestyle changes and make decisions
- work alongside you
- offer guidance and support to help you achieve your goals
The Household Support Fund is designed to provide short-term urgent financial help to Somerset residents who are struggling to afford household essentials such as buying food, paying for energy and water bills and other essential household items such as beds and white goods.
Our Healthcoaches can refer you to the NHS Digital Weight Management Programme, which supports adults living with obesity who also have a diagnosis of diabetes, hypertension or both, to manage their weight and improve their health.
It is a 12-week online behavioural and lifestyle programme that people can access via a smartphone or computer with internet access.
For more information about the programme visit: https://www.england.nhs.uk/digital-weight-management/
The attached documents set out a number of links to websites and apps which you may find useful as a family or for teenagers and young adults:
(This information is correct at time of publication, July 2022)